Then it seems to happen overnight. One day you’re logging in normally and jumping right into the action, the next day booting up takes so long you not only have time to make a cup of coffee, you could have run out to the local café for the good stuff.
This is the stage where many people throw their hands in the air and start wishing for a new computer. Except your computer isn’t broken and doesn’t need replacing, it’s just . . . slow. Like any machine, computers have parts that wear out – particularly if they have moving parts that are in near-constant use. The hard drive is the #1 cause of speed bottlenecks in most computers. Traditional hard drives are made up of a stack of round magnetic platters, spinning at up to 7200rpm, while a read/write head on a mechanical arm whizzes back and forth. Eventually, the platters take longer to spin up, unable to reach full throttle, and the mechanical arm becomes sluggish. Which leaves you waiting. And waiting . . . .
SSD's Can Give Aging Computers A New Lease on LifeThe new era of hard drives is here with Solid State Drives – and they have no moving parts. Zero. Making a simple upgrade to an SSD can knock minutes off boot time, as well as streamline regular computer operations with rapid-fire functionality. They’re:
- Cool – Don’t generate heat, which means other components also run more efficiently
- Durable – No moving parts to wear out
- Compact - A little larger and thicker than a credit card
- Long-lasting – You’re far more likely to replace your entire system before the SSD wears out
- Lightning fast – Data is accessed instantly, computer boots in seconds, rather than minutes
- Suitable for all systems– laptops or desktops
*Offer valid for residential computers only. Discount expires November 2, 2018. Free Emsisoft license available to new Emsisoft users only, a $10 discount is available to existing Emsisoft users. 15% Service Member discount can also be applied to this sale.